When I found out that some of our extended family were going to be attending a Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe screening in their area, I cried. Then I made sure to thank them. By attending the screening, they jumped out of their comfort zone and bravely spoke up with us.
|One of my favorite photos of Ronan|
who's getting a hug from
his favorite Aunt!
After I read through her post, I asked my sister if I could share it here. She said yes, and I'm so glad.
My sister is my best friend. She's an amazing aunt (and Godmother!) to Ronan and also a great writer. She's put together some great points - ones that the autism-vaccine community has shared over and over again but ones the mainstream news so quickly glosses over.
I hope you take time to read through her post (below). I also hope that you share it. It's so very well written and should be read by many.
From Ronan's aunt:
This weekend I was able to go see the movie Vaxxed, which was followed by a Q&A with the director and the producer. I was both deeply moved by the stories told and deeply disturbed by the information presented. I've been hesitating about whether to say anything about the movie since it involves such a hot button topic, but I've decided that I must. If you don't care to read any more, just keep scrolling past this. If you don't mind reading more, then buckle in. I've compiled a list of reasons why you should go see this movie while you can.
1. You do understand that a person can have an adverse reaction to a vaccine.
2. You think the science is 100% sound and shouldn't be questioned.
3. You think anyone who questions vaccine safety is a quack.
4. You have ever referred to a vaccine questioning parent as "stupid" but figure maybe it's time to back that name calling up with some info.
5. You think that the manipulation of data has no business in science.
6. You are ok with the manipulation of data if it's for "the greater good."
7. You understand that most people who question vaccines actually know someone who was vaccine injured.
8. You believe that parental rights still mean something, especially with regard to medical procedures with known adverse reactions.
9. You check all the ingredients for every food your child with food allergies may ingest but you've never checked the ingredients of the over 30 shots that a child is supposed to receive by age 6.
10. You are pregnant or have an infant right now and want more information about why anyone would question vaccine safety.
11. You are African-American and had never heard that the original data of the CDC MMR Autism Study was manipulated to hide the fact that your children are at greater risk of walking away with an autism diagnosis post-MMR shot.
12. You have contemplated using a vaccine exemption...if your state/diocese still allows it.
13. You think it's bullshit that pharmaceutical companies cannot be held liable for any adverse reactions that result from vaccines.
14. You have ever railed against big corporations controlling everything in government but have no problem with big corporations controlling everything in medicine.
And last but not least, you know someone - a best friend, a good friend, a fellow home school mom, a church friend, a former patient's mom, a neighbor, a fellow hockey mom, a high school classmate, a college classmate, me - whose beloved family member was severely vaccine injured. My nephew Ronan, whom I love beyond measure, was severely vaccine injured as a baby. He is still severely vaccine injured as a 13yo. He has seizures, is non-verbal, and requires constant care and supervision 24/7. Like my sister said after she watched the movie, none of this had to happen...but it did.
The movie isn't about the actual products (vaccines); rather, it is about what the CDC did with regard to the manipulation of data involving one particular vaccine. If the CDC was willing to manipulate the data regarding one vaccine, what else are they willing to manipulate?
Information is power. What are you doing to arm yourself?
|The film they don't want you to see.|